These are treatments that concentrate your own body’s growth factors and stem cells to assist in healing, and resolving your pain. Today this means PRP ( platelet rich plasma) or Stem Cell therapy. We are very excited about this area of medicine as it holds great promise. We offer these therapies in our office. They typically would not be considered FDA approved, but are FDA compliant. The currently available studies do not provide the level of evidence needed for insurance company coverage: consequently, they are only available on a cash basis.
Whether you are suffering from a sports injury or a degeneration of your joints these therapies can help jumpstart a healing process that is all you.
Pain related to an injury or an age related degeneration can also be treated with these therapies.
Examples would include
- wornout joints ranging from small joints such as your thumb or great toe to large joints including the hips, knees and shoulders
- spinal discs, facet joints and sacroiliac joints can all be treated
- Sports injuries including muscle tears, tendinitis, disc herniation
- Degenerative neurologic conditions such as multiple sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, and autoimmune diseases are also sometimes treated with these therapies.
Examples of how it could help...
- reduce pain
- avoid surgery, such as joint replacement,
- speed healing
- improve circulation
- reduce inflammation naturally without steroids