These shots are used to help make an accurate diagnosis of your pain. Many times imaging and examination are not enough. By using an image-guided precision injection, we can refine your diagnosis and subsequently improve the probability of a successful treatment. While every effort is made to keep you comfortable with the use of local anesthetic, these injections are typically done with no sedation, as this interferes with your ability to assess the result.
who it is good for...
- Those who have not responded to treatments as expected
- those contemplating spinal surgery
- those planning an expensive or irreversible therapy
Examples of how it could help...
- confirm or refine a diagnosis
- Identifying the precise spinal level generating pain
- identifying the specific joint, ligament, tendon, muscle or nerve generating pain