Our practice uses a team model...We are proud to work daily with our PA/NPs. They all have extensive experience and postgraduate training in Pain Medicine. To maintain this high level of expertise, they attend 1 to 2 National Meetings in State of the Art Pain Medicine each year. Cases are reviewed daily with our physicians and we have a weekly conference of all providers to review cases and treatment plans.
Margaret Gretchen Michael, PA-C
Known to all as Gretchen, she joined The Pain Solution Center team in 2007. Her move into Pain Medicine was motivated by a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of patients experiencing chronic pain. She is known and loved by her patients for her ability to listen and problem solve. While she still loves a good book, Gretchen has embraced the North State’s natural beauty and in her time off enjoys hiking, camping and boating and has recently started scuba diving.
- Attended Central Connecticut State University, where she earned a BA in English Literature in 1988
- Attended Western University, where she completed her Physician Assistant studies in 2000
- Worked in the psychiatry field before specializing in Pain Medicine.
John Pearson, NP-C, PA-C
John started his career in pain medicine with a strong background in joint and musclosketelatal conditions. John developed an interest in Pain Medicine while working in Orthopedics. His experience helping patients with pain has fostered a fascination with the complex interaction between the body and brain in chronic pain. He is also interested in the new generation of regenerative medicine techniques that can offer a excellent alternative to traditional interventions, helping chronic pain patients live life to the fullest. When not working, John can often be found weight training, or enjoying good food and wine.
- A veteran of the US Navy, and was honorably discharged after 6 years of service in 1990.
- Attended Shasta College, where he earned a Registered Nursing Degree
- Worked as an RN at Mercy Medical Center and maintains a national certification in Critical Care Nursing
- Attended Stanford University, where he earned a double degree as both a Physician Assistant and Family Nurse Practitioner in 1998
- Experienced in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Otolaryngology. Before joining SPC, he worked in Orthopedics
William A. Casavant, PA
William (Bill) has been working in Pain Medicine since joining Dr. Soloniuk at the Soloniuk Pain Center in 2001.
- Attended San Francisco State University, where he earn a BA in Kinesiology in 1995
- Attended Western University, where he completed his Physician Assistant studies in 2000
- Worked in Internal Medicine at Greenville Rancheria, prior to specializing in Pain Medicine
Bill is a passionate landscaper and loves to cook. He also enjoys reading and travel. Bill is married with two children.
Laura Szymanski, MSN, NP-C/PC-C
Laura is a local Redding girl.
- Attended Chico State University, where she graduated with honors and earned a Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Earned the Navy Award for Nursing Excellence
- Worked as an operating room nurse at Shasta Regional Medical Center and Apogee Outpatient Surgery Center
- Worked in the emergency room at Mercy Medical Center
- Attended University of California at Davis, where she earned a dual certification as a Physician Assistant and Family Nurse Practitioner
Laura is married and has two children.